Road trip season is approaching fast! ?And whether you pack lightly or for luxury, there are some essentials that should always travel with you for good skincare throughout your trip. ?Here’s the bullet-point list so you can screencap it for reference the next time you need to pack:
- Sunscreen for Face and Body
- Eye Cream
- Cleanser / Makeup Remover
Now, the logic behind each of these choices:
- Sunscreen for Face and Body: Of course, we know that a facial sunscreen such as Glo Therapeutics’ Oil-Free SPF 40+ or Intellishade by Revision Skincare (both of which are available here at Glo de Vie) will guard against damage to facial skin caused by the sun’s rays. ?But it’s easy to disregard our body’s exposure to these same rays while in the car. ?Whether driving or along for the ride, it’s just not possible to move to a shady spot. ?Be sure to travel with your face and body sunscreens in the car, so you can reapply every couple hours, ideally when you stop to refuel or take a break.
- Water: It’s best to keep your standard level of hydration while you’re traveling, to keep your skin in the best condition and to help?your body’s systems function optimally. ?Concern about rest stops ought not compromise drinking enough water to help your mental clarity and your skin to stay glowing. ?Caffeine will dehydrate you and result in needing more breaks, while sticking with water will help your body and skin on a healthier level.
- Moisturizer: Your skin will need its standard care, possibly even a little more than usual since you’ll be engaging in activities outside your normal routine. ?Choose to bring the moisturizer that best meets your skin’s needs, ideally one that you use regularly, bearing in mind that trying something different could lead to unexpected skin irritation (which you won’t want during a trip when you might take photos). ?And speaking of photos:
- Eye Cream: It’s tempting to leave a product at home if you’re trying to travel light, but remember… Selfies! ?You’ll be happiest with the outcome of your appearance in photos if you maintain your eye cream regimen while you travel. ?Here at Glo de Vie, that means using either Teamine Eye Complex by Revision Skincare, or Eye Restore by Glo Therapeutics, both of which are available here, both of which can soften the appearance of lines around the eyes, and both of which combat dark circles.
- Cleanser / Makeup Remover: It’s definitely no fun leaving these behind! ?Removal of makeup is important for the health of your eyes and skin, and you’ll likely find that there is no effective substitute for the product or products you use for this task.
- Sunglasses: Easy to forget — in fact, this was nearly a 5-point list — but an effective pair of sunglasses is essential. ?With the appropriate size, shade and UV-blocking capability, sunglasses are a simple yet powerful defense against squinting (which deepens lines around the eyes) as well as eye strain.
Need to re-stock some?products before you hit the road? ?Visit us at Suite 133 of the Alexan building at North Hills! ?(919) 510-5919.